Technical requirements for articles
Technical requirements for the articles that are sending to the journal:
- Edition of the collection accepts to the publication of article which weren't published earlier. Article has to possess scientific and practical novelty, reflect the main results of works of the author, correspond to the general direction of the collection and to be interesting to rather wide range of the scientific and technical community.
- The article sending to the editorial board should be accompanied with the license agreement with the authors (author).
- Standard volume of the article is 8-10 printed pages and pictures. The text should be printed with 1 interval between lines and with Times New Roman 14 font. The article should be presented in electronic mode (CD, DVD, flash memory card etc) or sent to the editorial board by e-mail.
- The article should be written briefly, without repetition of data of tables and pictures in the text. Mentioned bibliographic sources as well as tables and pictures should be noted in the text by reference marks. The article should be distinctly structured with the following sections: Introduction; Aim of investigation, Theoretical review; Description of experiments; Analysis of results; Discussion; Conclusions.
- Information about every author should be supplied (company, occupation, academic degree or title, mailing address, phone, e-mail) in Russian and English.
- The article should be certainly supplied with abstract (summary), key words and references (bibliographic list).
- The abstract (summary), in accordance with requirements of the international data bases, should reflect content of the article rather completely. Its volume is in average not less than 15-17 lines (or 250-300 words).The abstract should be translated into English.
- Key words should be contain more that 7-10 items average and should be translated into English.
- References (bibliographic list) should meet the requirements of national standard GOST 7.1-2003 (and its later version of 2008) as well as requirements of the international data bases. It should include in average not less than 10 sources (not more than 25 % of these sources can be references on the own author's publications). References on publications later than 2000 are strictly required. Bibliographic list includes:
Number of every reference in the text of the article should be given in square brackets in corresponding place of the text.
- referring to the journal article - surname and initials of the authors, full journal title, year of publication, volume (if available), issue number, pages of the beginning and end of the article;
- referring to the book - surname and initials of the authors, title of the book, place of publishing, publisher, year of publishing, total number of pages;
- referring to the article in collection - title of collection, number of issue or volume, place of publishing, publisher, pages of the beginning and end of the article;
- for web-links - titles of Internet resource and publication, access mode.
- References (in accordance with the requirements of international databases) must be transliterated into Latin script, including the name and initials of the author, the name of the source of the publication, and the technical reduction (release, volume, page, etc.) must be converted using standard notation.
- When writing down the article to the electronic memory device or when sending the article by e-mail, its text part should be saved or sent in separate file that can be opened by Word for Windows. The pictures should be saved or sent as separate graphic files in TIF, EPS or PSD mode with sufficient resolution (at least 300 dpi for scale 1:1).
- The pictures should be distinct and available for computer processing. Please don't overload the pictures with unimportant data not having direct relation to the article. It is advisable to supply coloured panoramic pictures with descriptive notes. To color drawings, it is also necessary to put a black-and-white format of these drawings.
- Physical units and designations should be presented in SI - International System of Units.
- If the article doesn't meet any of the a.m. requirements, it can be the cause of its rejection for publication.
- Publication of scientific-technical articles, included those written by post-graduates, is free of charge when publishing on the first-turn basis (without any urgency).
- Article must be attached by Review written by a phD, having a publication on the subject of the article in accordance with the guidelines for reviewers .The review must be signed by the reviewer, and have the seal of the organization in which he works.
Design of the article text:
- Style of headings:
- font of the Times New Roman set, the 14th size, header, on the center, without transfers
- higher than the name of article (through 2 intervals), in the right corner - a surname and initials of authors, the 14th size, semiboldface, italics
- the UDC Index - in the left corner
- Style of summaries:
- font of the Times New Roman set, 12th size, italics
- placed lower than the name of article (through 2 intervals)
- Style of keywords:
- font of the Times New Roman set, 12th size, usual; the word "Keywords" - semiboldface
- placed lower than the summary
- Style of the main text:
- font of the Times New Roman set, 14th size, usual;
- line spacing – unary;
- paragraph space - 1,27 cm;
- ban of trailing lines;
- automatic hyphenation;
- page margins: top, lower, left, right - 2,2 cm;
- spaces of headlines: top - 1,0; bottom - 1,5.
- Style of tables:
- Font of the Times New Roman set, 11th size, usual.
- Style of a set of formulas:
- writing of formulas and special symbols exclusively in the "Microsoft Equation" editor;
- formulas are centered.
- style of the list: font of the Times New Roman set, the 11th size, usual.
Sample of a well-formed text.